Lead Practitioner in Science
Deadline is tomorrow
Start date details
22 March 2023 at 11:59pm
27 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- Lead Practitioner Scale (Outer London)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Join us in providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences for our pupils. We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy South Norwood as Lead Practitioner of Science at our Beulah Hill campus.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, be able to show evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and excellent behaviour management
- Have experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Have experience of improvement planning and of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Be able to contribute to improving on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Have a proven track record of excellent results at KS3 and 4, and, ideally, experience of teaching to KS5
- Have experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
- Ideally, have experience of working with governors and of working in more than one school
What the school offers its staff
The Beulah Hill Campus is a wonderful place to learn and teach. We have a very hardworking team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. The Campus site is a huge site with close to 8 acres of school buildings, sports halls, gymnasium, tennis courts and large playing fields / athletic track thus providing excellent facilities for our students. The Beulah Hill campus also has full-time basketball and football coaches through its partnership with Greenhouse and Kinetic. We have recently invested over £1 million to further improve our outstanding facilities including the development of a state-of-the-art Design Technology room equipped with laser cuter and 3D Printers, Food room and a newly laid sports field to ensure all year-round sporting opportunities.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includesour Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS,a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for staff who work across the full year, and many other benefits. Learn more aboutour benefitson our website.
Further details about the role
You will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement and leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision in the subject area.
The general expectations of this role are:
- To collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To account for students' performance in line with Academy procedures.
- To provide the Governing Body with relevant and accurate information relating to the Faculty's performance and development.
- To support and participate in the work of the Harris Federation, including strand or subject groups as appropriate.
- To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
- To ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
- To participate in duties at lunch, break, before, during and after school the Academy day.
- To ensure that the subject knowledge of staff in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that behaviour in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books are of a high quality.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris Academy South Norwood
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 2116 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy South Norwood website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 405 5070
Located five minutes from Norwood Junction train station, a transport hub ten minutes' train journey from London Bridge, Harris Academy South Norwood has belonging and personal growth as our touchstones. We believe that teaching students powerful knowledge and developing their understanding of the world will help them become the best version of themselves: to help them to turn mirrors into windows.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher|Lead Practitioner of Ivrit
Harrow, Middlesex, HA3 9TE
Imberhorne Lane, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1QY
Greig City Academy
High Street, London, N8 7NU
Three Rivers Academy
Bell Farm Way, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 5EJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London