We are seeking an outstanding Lead Practitioner of English to work within our high performing Academy.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your role will be:
- To provide outstanding teaching for learning which meets the needs of all students.
- To support Assistant Principal raising standards of teaching and learning across the department and in monitoring progress towards agreed aims
- To provide specialist subject expertise to assist departmental staff, as appropriate
- To take the strategic lead of an agreed whole school responsibility.
- To support and hold to account other staff in the academy through teaching and learning programmes
- To support the Assistant Principal in the implementation of agreed whole school policies and initiatives.
- To plan and facilitate professional learning workshops as requested.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Teaching Qualification
- Degree or equivalent
- Outstanding teaching practice
- Excellent behaviour management
- Experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Experience of improvement planning
- Experience of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Contribution to impact on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Proven track record of excellent results at KS3/4
- Experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
This job post has expired.