Lead Practitioner of English
This job expired on 29 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
29 March 2023 at 11:59pm
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- Lead Practitioner Scale 1-8
What skills and experience we're looking for
Oak Academy is an 11-16 academy, perfectly placed within the community to deliver high quality teaching and learning. We are a rapidly improving academy, with a new principal in post since May 2022, who works proudly alongside both established and newly appointed colleagues, driven by the shared belief that every student has the right to learn, grow and achieve. It is this ethos that motivates all members of our community in improving the academic outcomes and life-chances of students. We value collaboration and open communication at all levels and see the relationship between parents, staff and students as crucial in our shared success.
It is an exciting time to join our Oak community, with rapidly growing student numbers, and a complete new build as part of the Governments School Rebuilding Programme. Plans are well advanced for a complete rebuild of the current site. We are delighted that staff and students will finally have the building they deserve, with a planned completion date of September 2024. We are looking for candidates to join us on this journey who are dynamic, passionate and ambitious, with a commitment to improving life chances of our students.
What the school offers its staff
- A Principal driven by school improvement with an open-door policy for staff, students and parents.
- A very visible and approachable senior leadership team.
- An enthusiastic and committed team of teachers and support staff.
- All staff at Oak are part of a professional learning community in which evidence informed CPD is designed to meet individual needs.
- Strong potential for career progression, including NPQs for those looking to move into middle & senior leadership.
- A strong support network both within the school and across Ambitions Academies Trust.
- An opportunity to be part of rapid school improvement, in time for the opening of our new build.
- A culture that respects work life balance and an ongoing commitment to wellbeing with a dedicated Wellbeing Champion. Free counselling sessions available to employees and their family with an external provider.
- Free eye testing every 2 years through Specsavers and a £49 voucher towards glasses if needed.
- Reduced corporate gym membership through BH Live.
- A competitive pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme.
About Oak Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 454 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Oak Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Oak Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Shelley.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Deputy Head of Faculty - English
The Blandford School
Milldown Road, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 7SQ
South Wilts Grammar School
Stratford Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3JJ
Teacher of English (Maternity Cover)
Bournemouth School for Girls
Castle Gate Close, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 9UJ
Lytchett Minster School
Post Green Road, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6JD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole