Join us in providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences for our pupils. We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich as Lead Practitioner of French.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, be able to show evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and excellent behaviour management
- Have experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Have experience of improvement planning and of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Be able to contribute to improving on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Have a proven track record of excellent results at KS3 and 4, and, ideally, experience of teaching to KS5
- Have experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
- Ideally, have experience of working with governors and of working in more than one school
HGAED is a great place to work. At a time when there is so much attention, deservedly so, on teacher wellbeing and workloads, we are committed to ensuring our staff have work-life balance by reducing unnecessary admin work and meetings. We dedicate time and resources to staff wellbeing and development, ranging from NPQSL qualifications to meditation and teacher hacks such as whole class feedback to reduce workload. We are looking for staff who share our commitment to developing themselves personally as well as professionally, who are open to feedback and development and share our vision for our whole community. We believe very strongly that education can be transformative for all. We'd love you to be part of the transformation of our students' lives.
The staff here at HGAED are supportive, ambitious for our students, and happy. Our Head of Art, Clare, writes ‘The students are astute, funny and thirsty for life. They are invigorating and I really love teaching them. They keep me on my toes. But what I most appreciate working here is that we work in a climate where all ideas are encouraged, no matter how impossible they may seem, and I have seen some fantastic dreams come into being, the art gallery, the debate cake sessions and the research centre all starting to gain momentum. Not many schools would take such risks and I truly value being listened to and challenged to go beyond what I think I can do.'
We also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
You will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement and leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision in the subject area.
The general expectations of this role are:
- To collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To account for students' performance in line with Academy procedures.
- To provide the Governing Body with relevant and accurate information relating to the Faculty's performance and development.
- To support and participate in the work of the Harris Federation, including strand or subject groups as appropriate.
- To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
- To ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
- To participate in duties at lunch, break, before, during and after school the Academy day.
- To ensure that the subject knowledge of staff in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that behaviour in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books are of a high quality.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.