An exciting opportunity has arisen for an excellent Maths Practitioner to work across our TSAT South hub of schools to improve outcomes for children in this core subject. The successful candidate will be based in our secondary school,The Portsmouth Academy,and will teach maths at secondary level. However, they will also visit our Trust feeder schools and provide leadership on the implementation of our Trust maths curriculum and on ensuring strong outcomes at the end of KS1 and KS2.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Be a qualified and highly experienced Mathematics Teacher and highly reflective practitioner
- Passionate about teaching, learning and improving the life chances of our students
- Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the students to ensure that all achieve their very best
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
- Ensure that the standards of teaching and learning across the Maths department are Good and Outstanding through coaching and quality assurance processes.
- Collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups
The Portsmouth Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
What our Trust will offer you:Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachersWith an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.A state-of-the-art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practiceAs an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted TeacherGenerous employer contribution to the Teachers Pension SchemeAs a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition schemeHealth and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You -A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle supportA 'Refer a Friend' incentive schemeWe work closely with Teach Portsmouth and The Portsmouth Education PartnershipFree parking in our staff car park
It is our intention to apply a 6.5% pay increase to Teachers Pay Scale’s, once the 2023 pay offer is formally approved by the UK Parliament.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.