Lead Practitioner of Mathematics
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 March 2023 at 11:59pm
9 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- LP scale (if already accredited) or MPS + £2,000 Harris Allowance (while in training period prior to accreditation) (Inner London)
Performance & Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are always on the search for authentic teachers who enjoy what they do, who have great subject knowledge, charisma and have a strong sense of moral purpose.
Our Maths team are searching for a Lead Practitioner (LP) or experienced teacher to join them – perhaps the candidate will wish to train towards the LP accreditation.
We need your expertise to tackle the curriculum and help lead the department to even greater success.
Our LPs are high profile and receive brilliant training to master their craft and become inspirational leaders.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, be able to show evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and excellent behaviour management
- Have experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Have experience of improvement planning and of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Be able to contribute to improving on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Have a proven track record of excellent results at KS3 and 4, and, ideally, experience of teaching to KS5
- Have experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
- Ideally, have experience of working with governors and of working in more than one school
What the school offers its staff
In this corner of South East London we have a clear mission: to run a great school which offers every child, regardless of circumstance, the chance to thrive both personally and academically.
We make no apology for believing a key part to a happy and fulfilled life is a great set of exam results. They are the currency which students require to progress to next stage of their education. No amount of celebrity disapproval or stories of success against the odds will convince us otherwise. Results matter to our community.
We know that academic progress is critical to our students enjoying lives of choice and opportunity but that they also need to develop the content of their character and have a range of rich experiences which they will never forget. We want to help students have warm hearts and cool heads so that they are ready for the challenges of adolescence and ultimately adulthood. In short, we want our students to live well.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
You will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement and leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision in the subject area.
The general expectations of this role are:
- To collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To account for students' performance in line with Academy procedures.
- To provide the Governing Body with relevant and accurate information relating to the Faculty's performance and development.
- To support and participate in the work of the Harris Federation, including strand or subject groups as appropriate.
- To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
- To ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
- To participate in duties at lunch, break, before, during and after school the Academy day.
- To ensure that the subject knowledge of staff in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that behaviour in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books are of a high quality.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Academy Greenwich
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1165 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Greenwich website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8859 0133
Harris Academy Greenwich is a really happy and successful inner-city London 11-18 school with a thriving 6th Form, and a brand new state-of-the-art building. It is a school where we are as passionate about developing our staff as we are about developing our students. It is a school where we strip out all the red tape and nonsense that goes on in too many places, and just focus on what works for our students. It is a school where we concentrate on making sure our staff are happy and highly motivated throughout the year, with zero burnout. Ever.
Similar jobs nearby
Eden Park High School
Balmoral Avenue, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3RD
The Victory Academy
Magpie Hall Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 5JB
The Hurlingham Academy
Peterborough Road, London, SW6 3ED
Watford Grammar School for Boys
Rickmansworth Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 7JF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London