Due to the increasing popularity of this Academy, the student population is growing and we are looking to expand and enhance our remarkable team of teachers to meet the demand of our community.
We are looking for a a Lead Practitioner of Mathematics, the Lead Practitioner provides coaching and professional development for staff to support our Academy journey. The Lead Practitioner will be part of the Academy’s Teaching and Learning team and will be involved in raising the standards of Teaching and Learning across the whole Academy. In addition to your duties and responsibility as a teacher, your main job purposes will include
This is a key role for the Academy, and we are looking for someone who is passionate about Mathematics, who really wants to make a difference. We are also seeking someone is ambitious, for both themselves, and their students, who would want to make their mark and then seek further promotion opportunities.
Park Academy in West London is a Secondary School where we believe fostering self-worth, engagement and purpose provide the key to successful outcomes for our students. We support the young people who walk through our doors to learn, reach their potential and have a positive impact on the local community. Life as a staff member at Park Academy is focussed on helping to guide our students towards those goals and we offer the opportunity for innovative and targeted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities that reflect the school’s and your individual needs.
We are driven by a desire, at the core of our mission, to get the best possible results for all of our students, no matter what their starting points or circumstances.We would be delighted to show you around our Academy in order to fully appreciate our learning environment.
- Motivated students that are eager to learn
- Supportive team of teaching and non-teaching staff
- Highly visible SLT
- Strong systems and structures meaning students feel safe and secure
- Appraisal systemfocused on staff development, not staff monitoring
- No formal graded lesson observations, just ongoing feedback to help our staff continually develop
- Broad range of CPD opportunities (including the NPQ qualification), within the Academy and across the Trust
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- Measures to reduce staff workload including:
- Centralised detentions
- No evening or weekend email policy
- No written reports
- Active staff wellbeing committee with regular social events
- Staff voice is actively encouraged and used to make improvements across the Academy
- Staff laptops
- Onsite car park for all staff
- Employer Assistance Programme offering 24/7 support and advice on a range of topics
- Designated staff canteen, as well as a communal staffroom and department team bases
If you consider you are the right person for this role and would like to be a part of the team at such an exciting time, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information, please see the application pack attached which includes a Job Description and Person Specification.
Learn more about Park Academy on the Academy website.
Park Academy West London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.The post is subject to all pre-placement checks including obtaining references, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.