Lead Practitioner of Maths
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
30 March 2023 at 11:59pm
2 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- Lead Practitioner Scale (Outer London)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are currently looking to appoint a qualified or an aspiring Lead Practitioner of Mathematics to join us Harris Girls' Academy Bromley.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS and a good, relevant undergraduate degree.
- have a minimum of two years' teaching experience.
- Have proven success in raising achievement.
- Have experience of leading others.
- Have successful experience in implementation of monitoring, evaluation and review process.
- Demonstrate a high level of ICT skills.
- Have recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development.
- Have experience of presenting to a wide audience.
- Understand creative whole school strategies for improving literacy and numeracy.
- Have some successful experience of leading on cross subject initiatives.
- Have experience of embedding innovative strategies for Assessment for Learning and Learning to Learn.
- Have recent and relevant experience of managing and implementing change successfully at subject leader level.
- Be willing to use coaching as a model for ensuring on-going professional development.
What the school offers its staff
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership. We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education. In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including self-evaluation and review of subject performance, formulating improvement plans, and leading the development of syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching strategies)
- Ensuring the delivery of a high-quality curriculum and leading development of the subject
- Staff development (including recruiting, building and managing a team)
- Student outcomes (including ensuring the effective operation of target setting, monitoring and evaluation systems and the input and maintenance of accurate data)
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor)
- Teaching, including acting as an outstanding role model
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Harris Girls Academy Bromley
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1027 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Girls Academy Bromley website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8778 5917
Harris Girls’ Academy Bromley is the number one school in Bromley for progress and one of the most successful schools in the country, with progress being amongst the top 1% of schools this year at +1.09 (Progress 8 2017). We are very proud of our academic and cultural achievements and are ambitious about the future. At Harris Girls’ Academy Bromley, we aim to ensure that every student is inspired and supported to achieve her personal best in a creative and enterprising culture where learning comes first. Through the development of our learning ethos of CORE, we encourage the girls to become Committed, Optimistic, Resilient and Enterprising. We believe that every girl can and should achieve their full potential and our commitment is one of ensuring our students develop a love of learning, a passion for enquiry and enterprise and a dedication to being the best that they can be. Harris Girls’ Academy Bromley is an outstanding school, offering students and staff state-of-the-art facilities in new and recently refurbished buildings. Our examination results place us amongst the very best in the country and we believe that with high quality teaching and support our girls will become responsible and successful in their chosen paths. We believe that teaching is a craft and continually strive to become even better at it; our high quality CPD supports ambitious and hardworking colleagues to make a real difference to the lives of our students. If you are passionate about your subject, committed to your own learning and keen to make a difference; this could be the academy for you. Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Girls' Academy Bromley are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 8778 5917 or email email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Similar jobs nearby
Eden Park High School
Balmoral Avenue, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3RD
Harris Academy Ockendon
Erriff Drive, South Ockendon, RM15 5AY
Watford Grammar School for Boys
Rickmansworth Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 7JF
Harris Academy Wimbledon
59 High Path, London, SW19 2JY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway