The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is looking to appoint a Lead Practitioner of Maths to support Saint Paul’s Catholic High School , an expanding 11-16 Voluntary Academy. We are looking for an exceptional and inspirational practitioner of Maths who would be able to work across the department, to support our drive to raise attainment and standards.
We are looking for someone to add expertise to our growing and increasingly successful team of teachers delivering Maths to the students of Saint Paul’s.
The main duties of the role are:
To support the work of the Head of Department in raising the standards of teaching, learning and achievement in the department, with responsibility for curricular content.
To ensure pupils required progress in levels of education to a high standard. Acting at all times with the highest possible standards in work and behaviour.
The successful candidate will:
• Be someone with drive and ambition who will challenge and motivate our students. You will be a highly dynamic individual who consistently delivers innovative teaching and where possible has a proven track record of outstanding progress in external examinations
• Be enthusiastic and motivated with a passion for your subject and an ability to inspire students
• Be committed to delivering high standards of teaching and learning
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team, flexible and of course have a good sense of humour
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
Applying for the job
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info. You should complete the CES Teaching Application Form and return it by e-mail to Mrs Andrea Sweeney HR Manager at email@example.com. You will need to read the Application Form Notes, Privacy Notice, Job Description, Person Specification and Disclosure Form.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Roman Catholic
730 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Saint Paul's Catholic High School
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work in a vibrant, happy and welcoming environment characterised by excellent relationships with wonderful students, supportive staff, governors and parents
• An opportunity to work in a high quality, new build with state of the art classrooms and facilities
• An opportunity to join a well-established and forward thinking department dedicated to ensuring that all students achieve academic excellence and personal success
• Excellent career development opportunities with bespoke paid training as and when required
• Entry into a competitive pension scheme
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Arranging a visit to Saint Paul's Catholic High School
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school’s senior leadership team. Please contact Mrs Holland (Headteacher’s PA) on 0161 499 0000 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.