Join us in providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences for our pupils. We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Chafford Hundred as Lead Practitioner of Science.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, be able to show evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and excellent behaviour management
- Have experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Have experience of improvement planning and of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Be able to contribute to improving on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Have a proven track record of excellent results at KS3 and 4, and, ideally, experience of teaching to KS5
- Have experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
- Ideally, have experience of working with governors and of working in more than one school
We're not your average school – we provide our children with an education that combines academic success with good character building to give them the best chance to flourish when they leave us. We are a school for the future, and it all starts with our talented and dedicated team.
We are committed to being the best that we can be. 140 people come to work each day and deliver a wonderful experience for our students. We want to sustain a long-term career in education; we believe in working hard but taking care of one another, and having a flexible approach to work, all while enjoying the rewards of watching our students thrive.
Whether you're a teacher, leader, or support staff member, we're all one team with a shared purpose, and shared values. We're curious to improve; not because we're not good enough but because we know we can be even better. We want to give you opportunities to grow and succeed, so we offer development at all levels. Whether that be supporting you through your degree or helping you to secure your first leadership opportunity, we can make it happen.
We care deeply about creating an inclusive environment for our staff and students, and we encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Find out more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion, by reading ourEquality Statement.
We're proud to be part of the Harris Federation, the most successful large multi-academy trust in the country. And with our growing presence in the East Quadrant, where we are expanding in Thurrock and beyond, there's never been a better time to join us!
You will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement and leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision in the subject area.
The general expectations of this role are:
- To collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To account for students' performance in line with Academy procedures.
- To provide the Governing Body with relevant and accurate information relating to the Faculty's performance and development.
- To support and participate in the work of the Harris Federation, including strand or subject groups as appropriate.
- To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
- To ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
- To participate in duties at lunch, break, before, during and after school the Academy day.
- To ensure that the subject knowledge of staff in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that behaviour in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books are of a high quality.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.