Lead Practitioner of Science
Lead Practitioner of Science
Permanent, full time post
L5 - L8 (£44,106 - £47,501)
The governors of St Matthew’s RC High School are seeking to appoint a dynamic, and enthusiastic individual who is relentless in the pursuit of pupil progress and achievement. This is a key appointment and the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in raising achievement at both key stages and supporting colleagues to further improve teaching and learning. We are looking for someone with a proven track record to join the team and who has the drive, passion and commitment to raise the profile of the subject.
The post requires the ability to demonstrate outstanding teaching and learning in the classroom and to coach and mentor other colleagues in order to raise standards. An individually tailored timetable will be created for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the Director of T&L.
• The post would suit candidates with at least three years’ teaching experience.
• Evidence of coaching or mentoring within a department or across a school.
• Evidence of consistently achieving excellence in teaching and learning within the classroom.
• Experience of delivering CPD to colleagues
• Track record of outstanding outcomes for students across both key stages.
St Matthew's is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified teacher status
• Professional development in preparation for a leadership role
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching in Science across the full age, gender and ability range in a secondary school (in more than one school is desirable)
• Experience in observing lessons and providing appropriate feedback
• Coaching and mentoring
Skills and Knowledge:
• Understanding of high-quality teaching, and the ability to model this for others and support others to improve
• Ability to think strategically, evaluate options, find the best solutions to problems taking into full account the views of others, and implement changes that lead to improvements in pupil outcomes.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
About St Matthew's RC High School
St Matthew's is a diverse and energetic comprehensive school, with approximately 1400 pupils forming our school community. We have strong, long standing links with all our partner primary schools and sixth form colleges, which allows us to work well in supporting our pupils through key transitional points in their education. Working in partnership with St Patrick’s National Teaching School, we are excited about the journey we have embarked on with them, and are committed to working proactively and dynamically, in order to develop and embed effective and sustainable strategies and policies designed to secure excellent outcomes for all of our young people. As a Catholic school, we place Christ at the heart of all we do, and encourage of staff and pupils to be ambassadors of Christ. Through this, we are able to offer new staff the opportunity to join our St Matthew's family, where we all value and support each other, recognising good in all that others do.
- Nuthurst Road, Manchester, Lancashire, M40 0EW
- LA Maintained School
- St Matthew's RC High School website (opens in a new window)