- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- Leadership 4 - 9
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A highly effective or aspiring middle leader, who can motivate and encourage colleagues to the shared vision
- Aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
- Someone who passionately believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. Someone that does not make excuses for what children can achieve.
What the school offers its staff
- Huge support and progression opportunities
- A knowledge rich curriculum, built on ‘powerful knowledge’ and a traditional T&L approach built around Rosenshine and TLAC
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- Excellent support from the Astrea Trust Central team
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm/strict’ behaviour system
- Highly visible/supportive senior leaders who have your back
- Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ instructional coaching, helping you to continuously develop
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities across the Astrea South Yorkshire region
- Opportunity to complete NPQs
- An unrivalled professional progression model.
This job post has expired.
About Astrea Academy Woodfields
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 713 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Our vision for education is simple and one that allows teachers to teach. We believe in a curriculum that is knowledge-rich, ‘the best that is thought and said’, that is supported by a traditional approach to teaching, behaviour and culture. We are values-driven and our vision is to provide an inclusive, aspirational and academic education for all our students, so that all of them will learn, thrive and lead successful lives.