Lead Practitioner - Quality of Education
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
24 March 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full-Time
Full-time equivalent salary
- £54,239 - £59,850
- LPRAC 9-13
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Lead Practitioner to will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of quality of education for all students, ensuring the highest standards of curriculum planning, pedagogy and delivery; leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision across the curriculum.
We are looking for someone with:
- Qualification to the equivalent of degree level in a relevant subject (2:2 or above)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Experience at middle leadership level.
- Proven track record of implementing effective teaching strategies which ensure all children make progress.
- A commitment to supporting the vision, aims and values of Selly Park Girls’ School.
- Determination to encourage the highest quality of learning experience for all students.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
Please refer to the Applicant Information Pack for the full Person Specification.
What the school offers its staff
- Continuing Professional Development: All our staff have access to a wide range of CPD and training opportunities, including a weekly personalised whole-school CPD programme and access to The National College online CPD platform.
- Pension: Highly rated local government pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: We care deeply about the wellbeing of our staff. We have termly health and wellbeing events, a school workload committee and occupational health support available.
- Employee Assistance Programme: A free, confidential and independent service, available for staff to access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Services include counselling, as well as financial and legal support for matrimony, housing, consumer, boundary disputes, debt management and more.
- Flexible Working: We endeavour to support flexible working and family-friendly policies, including job sharing.
- Cycle-to-Work: The cycle-to-work scheme allows staff to obtain commuter bikes and cycling accessories, spreading the cost over 12 months and making unbeatable savings through a tax break.
- Staff Discounts: Includes subsidised travel passes and access to an employee website offering discounts and cash back on hundreds of retailers, called My Rewards.
- Quality of Life: Birmingham has been voted one of the best places to live in the UK with 25% of our residents below the age of 30 we are a young and vibrant city. Hosting the National Exhibition Centre, Grand Central, the Library of Birmingham, as well as museums and art galleries, hotels, shops, restaurants/cafes and many other places for you to visit and enjoy.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Selly Park Girls' School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 763 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Selly Park Girls' School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Selly Park Girls’ School is a high performing 11-16 school in the south of Birmingham with a proven record of GCSE success. We are a school where we put students at the centre. We want every student to be kind to others, aspirational and ambitious in what they can achieve. We want to ensure that our students can reach their potential in a supportive, inclusive and nurturing environment. This is reflected in our four pillars school ethos. We attract staff who are committed to making a difference in the lives of our pupils. From teachers, governors and senior leaders to administrators and support staff. Everyone has a role to play in the success of the school.
Arranging a visit to Selly Park Girls' School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys
Vicarage Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B14 7QJ
Teacher of History with additional leadership responsibilities
Kings Avenue, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS12 1DH
Teacher of Food Technology (part time negotiable)
Hamstead Hall Academy
Craythorne Avenue, Birmingham, West Midlands, B20 1HL
Queen Mary's Grammar School
Sutton Road, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 2PG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands