Lead Practitioner Science
Chase High School, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 1 to Lead Practitioners range 10, £41,065 to £51,311|
|Leadership level||Senior Leader|
This role involves working with the Subject Leader to develop outstanding teaching and learning throughout the science department.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a wider school role in promoting STEAM subjects by overseeing existing activities and developing new ones. This remit would extend from work with primary schools through to encouraging uptake of careers in STEAM areas.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified to Degree level and above
Essential skills and experience
• Considerable experience as a classroom teacher.
• Experience of leadership roles within a team including designing and developing resources to support learning;
• Experience of working with other teachers and support professionals to extend their understanding of educational issues;
• Experience of robust self evaluation and development planning linked to this
• Experience of coaching / mentoring other staff so that their classroom practice develops
• Experience of preparing and leading training sessions.
|School size||1011 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Chase High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Chase High School
An 11-18 Academy which strives to ensure all children are helped to aspire, receive outstanding care, and aim for excellence in all they do.
Prittlewell Chase, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, SS0 0RT