We’d like to hear from candidates who are:
- An excellent leader who is passionate about learning and has strong subject knowledge within the science remit
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Energetic and have a can-do attitude
- Confident and has strong career aspirations
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the Academy
- Prepared to be involved in leading co-curricular activities either within or outside of their teaching subject
You’ll be joining the department at an exciting time as the improvements we are making are gaining momentum. Combined science is taught as a discrete subject to all pupils in Years 7-9 as part of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme. In years 10 and 11 we follow the AQA Trilogy science programme. Results have steadily improved over the last 3 years and this is a fantastic opportunity for the department to really excel. The role is ideal for a candidate currently in a middle leadership position seeking progression and further responsibility.
For our successful candidate, being a member of staff at Strood Academy and the wider Trust means you’ll receive access to a great range of employment benefits from day one.
Achievement for all students regardless of background is our key objective. We offer stimulating learning environments where effective teaching and learning are underpinned by high-quality interpersonal relationships. If you are ambitious for yourself and the learners you serve, then you are the person we need. As a lead practitioner you will also support the Assistant Principal and existing Lead Practitioners in driving whole school initiatives linked to teaching and learning, pedagogy and assessment. You will also support the school’s approach on life long learning with all in the community through coaching of staff and CPD offer on our dedicated Wednesdays.
Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates - you can read more about this in our Recruitment Guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
This job post has expired.