We would like to hear from you if you are:
- An excellent teacher who is passionate about learning and has strong subject knowledge;
- Have a high level of KS4 and KS5 teaching experience and delivery of results;
- Experienced in teaching IBCP is preferred, but not essential if you have a high level of A-Level subject knowledge;
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships;
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential;
- Energetic and have a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Confident and has strong career aspirations;
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the academy.
The successful candidate will receive:
- A salary commensurate with the profile of the post;
- Bespoke CPD with mentoring and coaching opportunities;
- The opportunity to work laterally across a number of Leigh Academies Trust schools to benchmark best practice and to be involved in teaching and learning innovation;
- The opportunity to work in a school where behaviour is exemplary.
Science at Stationers’ Crown Woods Academy:The Science curriculum at SCWA is to ensure that all pupils in Science have a strong knowledge and understanding of the role and importance of Science in the modern world,while developing scientific thinking, contextual application and sophistication in scientific communication. Our desire as a team is for our curriculum tofoster a desire for pupils to take Science beyond school and go into STEM based careers.
Our curriculum has been designed as a course of study where our students see the same big ideas throughout their time at SCWA, where each encounter with these big ideas increases in complexity and reinforces previous learning.
We also see that Science is a logical interconnected web of knowledge, because each part of science is connected to every other part of Science, it can be closely linked like cells and evolution, or through shared foundations like atoms, ions, electrolysis and calculating the charge passing through the electrolysis circuit. So our curriculumistaught as a subject as a whole in years 7-11 before pupils can specialise when studying KS5 subjects.
Stationers' Crown Woods Academy has an exciting opportunity for aLead Practitioner - Scienceto join our established and successful team from Easter 2024. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach and lead Science across the Key Stages and will be creative, innovative, efficient and committed to raising standards. They will have excellent subject knowledge and join a motivated and dedicated team of highly collaborative teachers committed to a creative and stimulating approach to the Science curriculum.
The overarching purpose of the role of the Lead Practitioner will be to consistently model high quality teaching and learning in the teaching of Science at KS3, KS4 and KS5, whilst also supporting as a member of the department.
This unique role provides the successful applicant with considerable scope to shape the delivery of the Science curriculum, whilst also being part of a supportive and experienced department. It is an ideal position, therefore, for an ambitious and experienced teacher who is looking to progress
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.