Introduction to United Learning Trust and the Yorkshire Cluster
United Learning is seeking to appoint Lead Practitioners in English, Maths and Science within the Yorkshire Cluster. This is an exciting opportunity to work over three secondary schools (one with Sixth Form); Barnsley Academy, Sheffield Park Academy and Sheffield Springs Academy.
United Learning is a national organisation serving Primary and Secondary academies, all-through academies and Independent Schools. Our motto is, “The Best in Everyone”. This is a useful phrase that sums up the work and ethos of the organisation. Every decision taken is done with this aim in mind: for staff, students and the community. The Trust’s values of Respect, Determination and Ambition are driven through the Character Programme, which each academy has carefully interpreted in their own way. The Trust attributes of Creativity, Confidence and Enthusiasm are demonstrated at every level.
All three academies work collaboratively together on a range of school improvement areas such as curriculum, Teaching and Learning, personal development and wellbeing and leadership development. Middle and senior leaders meet regularly to share best practice and learn from each other in order to ensure we have high expectations of both students and staff. Whilst each of the academies are unique and serve different communities within Barnsley and Sheffield there is a collective drive to ensure that all our students have access to the best teaching, outstanding enrichment and high-quality pastoral care and support. We care passionately about students in all schools, not just our own.
All three academies are strategically supported by Nat Parnell, United Learning Regional Director, and by a large team of subject advisers and leaders. We work regionally and nationally and as part of our Trust we have access to high quality professional development and support. The opportunities for career progression and personal development are significant and the quality of CPD is high.
Successful post-holders will contribute to Teaching and Learning developments and have a positive impact on raising outcomes for our students. You will work with excellent curriculum and senior leaders who are passionate about improving the provision for all students within our academies.
We are seeking to appoint highly motivated, dynamic and aspirational practitioners to work closely with Curriculum Leaders to drive the progress of students in English/Maths/Science.
The role will operate across the three academies. There will be opportunity to lead training on effective teaching strategies, model outstanding pedagogical approaches and significantly contribute to intervention programmes within each academy. You will also have the opportunity to work with outstanding United Learning national Subject Advisers and leaders.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding teacher with excellent outcomes and the drive and passion to become a collaborative leader.
- Have a proven track record of working with others to raise attainment within their subject.
- Have a clear vision to improve outcomes for students in English/Maths/Science.
- Be able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and creativity.
- Be solution focused and able to motivate staff and students.
What you can expect from the Yorkshire Cluster and United Learning:
- A collaborative and energetic leadership team who are passionate about improving the life chances of students.
- A high standard of induction into each team within the Yorkshire Cluster; you will receive high quality CPD.
- Working with Curriculum Leaders who are committed to curriculum innovation and consistently seeking to provide inspiring teaching within their departments.
- Excellent opportunities for your professional development and an opportunity to network with colleagues both regionally and nationally within United learning.
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button at the top of this page to complete our online application form. The closing date for this post is 9:00 am on Thursday 13 October 2022. Interviews will take place week commencing 17 October 2022. If you would like to discuss this existing opportunity please contact the Regional Director, Nat Parnell via email@example.com
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
This job post has expired.