Post: Lead Teacher
Location: Westminster Education Centre, 3-7 Third Avenue, London W104RS
Salary: M1-UPS3 (£34,502 - £53,482) +TLR2 (£7,368)
Responsible to: Principal
Managed Intervention Centres are part of OATs Alternative Provision Academies in London. MICs offer a managed intervention programme for students from mainstream secondary schools, with placements of up to five weeks. These placements support students whose behaviour in school continues to cause concern after having exhausted internal interventions. This intervention aims to support learners in addressing negative patterns of behaviour in order to return to their mainstream schools.
This is an incredible opportunity for a Lead Teacher to make a difference and join a great team of people within a supportive, values-led organisation. Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) is one of the largest not-for-profit MAT's in England with almost 5,000 staff and 30,000 students. We have been around since 2009 making us one of the longest established trusts. Our mission is to be the Trust that makes the biggest difference both inside and outside the classroom.
Our vision is for all young people to have access to the highest academic, social and practical skills required to achieve their full potential, whether going on to study at a leading university or entering the world of work. We are determined to become the Trust that makes the biggest difference, both inside and outside the classroom.
Our key values are:
- Anyone can excel: you don’t have to be exceptionally bright or naturally gifted in order to excel at something. We know hard work, determination and perseverance pay off.
- Enjoy the challenge: just because something might be hard, it doesn’t mean it can’t be fun. We know it’s okay to face setbacks too – they can make you stronger.
- Share what is best: if you’ve done something or created something others would benefit from seeing or having, you should share it. We know our schools keep getting better when we all share what is best.
- Be inclusive: every child and adult should respect and accept that difference is normal, that everyone should be welcomed and included.
OAT is a great organisation to work for. We offer:
- commitment to your continued professional development
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Employee Benefits and Wellbeing Package
- Car and Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
To apply, please submit your completed application and supporting statement by 5pm on 11th October 2023. A full job description and person specification is attached.
Interviews: W/C 16th October TBC
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to share this commitment.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.