We are seeking to appoint a Lead Teacher of Art from September 2023 wherever possible. As Lead Teacher, take a central role in assisting the Head of Faculty in the development of the subject curriculum and curriculum delivery. They will also assist the HOF in developing and implementing the department improvement plan.
The Lead Teacher is to be:
- An excellent practitioner with experience of teaching the subject across key stages.
- A proven track record of eliciting good outcomes for students.
- Experience of implementing change across a subject area or team
- A collaborative leader and able to work effectively with the wider curriculum teams, pastoral teams and SLT.
- An ambitious team player with the ability to convert an agreed vision into reality.
- Experienced in the examination and assessment requirements for the subject.
- Knowledgeable in the curriculum area and have a working knowledge of the National Curriculum or other statutory requirements including examination specifications for the subject area.
- Able to support new teachers and non-subject specialists.
- Able to promote the subject across the academy and foster cross-curricular links.
This is a high-profile role that will give the successful applicant the opportunity to showcase their organisational and leadership skills. As a result of the additional tasks and workload associated with this role, there is a TLR 2a payment to accompany the post.
Haven High Academy is a popular, well-resourced and oversubscribed secondary school based in the heart of Boston, Lincolnshire.
The school cares passionately about every individual member of the academy's community and takes great pride in ‘working together as a team’ to ensure individual success is achieved.
This job post has expired.