Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Design and technology
Main Pay Scale
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED – December 2019) with the recent inspection stating:
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around the school
• Leaders have the same high expectations of every pupil, whatever their background.
• They encourage every pupil to do their best and to model the school’s shared values of ‘Opportunity, Belief and Aspiration’
The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
For September 2021, we are seeking to appoint a dedicated, well-qualified and highly motivated Lead Teacher of Design Technology. In the last 5 years, the department has been consistently achieving GCSE results in excess of 75% Grade 4+/ A*-C with a high positive Progress 8 score maintained. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support, where staff are committed to raising attainment.
Applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme for NQTs). Visits to the Academy are encouraged and if this post has attracted your interest, we also welcome enquirers to telephone for an informal discussion in the first instance.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational & well-qualified teacher of Design Technology with outstanding subject knowledge;
• Be able to drive continuous improvement in teaching and learning within the subject, raising standards and ensuring student achievement is maximised;
• Be confident in the use of systems and data tracking;
• Be able to effectively communicate with students, parents and staff;
• Be keen to make a difference to the education of OBA students.
• Personalised professional development;
• An opportunity to join a well-established department at an Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support;
• Laptops for all staff ;
• An opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular oversubscribed Academy recognised for its continued improvement.
• Free use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two references & an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
TLR 2A £2873