Lead Teacher of Maths
Grace Academy Coventry, Coventry, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
• To provide inspirational, innovative and motivational leadership of the improvement of Teaching in Mathematics across the Academy to enable all students and staff to achieve their highest potential.
• Be accountable for the continuous improvement in the quality of teaching in Maths across the Academy.
• Work in close partnership with, and be accountable to, the relevant Assistant Principal and Head of Maths.
• Take a leading role to ensure the development of a culture of research and innovation to support outstanding classroom practice. This will include leading and quality assurance of lesson observations and learning walks. To provide necessary support and training to support outstanding lesson practice.
• Fulfill the responsibilities outlined in the Trust’s generic job description for Teachers.
• Contribute to the development of a clear strategic vision and direction for the continued development of quality of teaching in Mathematics in the Academy through contributing to the development of relevant sections of the Whole Academy Development Plan in consultation with the appropriate Assistant Principal and Head of Maths
• Advise and work with the Academy Leadership Team on the formulation of relevant policies and procedures.
• Enable every child to become a successful independent learner of Mathematics.
• Assist the Head of Maths in leading the raising of student achievement in public examination performance
• Assist the Head of Maths in ensuring that polices and processes are in place for effective individual assessment, recording and reporting on student progress.
• Assist in ensuring that the curriculum offer is appropriate for all students and is supported by high quality teaching and learning
• Assist in developing an innovative curriculum for student which values the talents and aspirations of all
• Assist in monitoring the curriculum and learning and teaching groups to ensure all lessons are delivered to the highest standards.
• Assist in the recruitment and selection of Mathematics staff, ensuring compliance with ‘best practice’ and all legal requirements, in particular with reference to safeguarding.
• To work closely with the Numeracy Co-Ordinator to ensure numeracy strategies are planned, implemented and reviewed.
• Actively promote and deliver high quality appropriate personal and professional development for all staff, including a clear NQT and RQT support programme and taking a lead with their own development.
• Lead the Performance Management of relevant staff, ensuring the underperformance is dealt with effectively and that achievement is celebrated and rewarded.
• To strategically plan the coaching programmes for each member of the curriculum area working closely with the Assistant Principal responsible for Teaching & Learning and Head of Maths.
• Sustain outstanding practice in your own classroom, by constantly reflecting and refining.
• To model the outstanding practice and to be observed as necessary, so that staff can develop their own understanding of what good or better learning looks like.
• Support teachers in creating positive behaviour management through excellent teaching
Essential educational requirements
• Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
• Experience of successfully improving the teaching of other
• Experience of consistently delivering lessons that are at least consistently good for all ages and ability
Qualified to degree level and above
Qualified to teach in the UK
Right to work in the UK
Essential skills and experience
• Effective team worker and leader
• High expectations for accountability and consistency
• Vision aligned with Grace Academy Coventry’s high aspirations, high expectations of self and other
• Genuine passion and a belief in the potentials of every pupil
• Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
• Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
• Excellent classroom practitioner
• Effective and systematic behaviour management with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards
• Good communication, planning and organisational skills
• Demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
• Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish and maintain outstanding classroom practice
• Identify, analyse and resolve problems and issues
• Develop plans with concrete outcomes and effective solutions
• Make fact-based decisions
The academy became part of Tove Learning Trust in April 2019. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
In order to support colleagues we have a full CPD programme for staff at all stages of their career both internally and externally. We understand the challenges of working in our profession and have an active Well-being Committee and Workload Committee who focus on promoting a healthy work life balance.More on how to apply
|School size||612 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Grace Academy Coventry website (opens in a new window)|
About Grace Academy Coventry
Grace Academy Coventry aims to develop well educated, considerate and caring citizens with a strong sense of values who will succeed in, and contribute to modern society. At Grace Academy, we believe that excellent teaching and support, world-class facilities and outstanding resources combine to give our students the best possible preparation for their adult life. The Grace Academies joined Tove Learning Trust in 2019.
Wigston Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV2 2RH