- Job role
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
- Contract type
- Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale
Impington Village College (IVC)
Lead Teacher of Maths (with responsibility for a key stage)
Required: September 2022
Main/Upper plus TLR £3,195
This role, arising due to the expansion of our curriculum and the Maths department, is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the country’s leading state providers and to shape the future of Maths in the College. Part time candidates are very welcome, and well supported, as we are one of eight schools in the UK to be a Flexible Working Ambassador School.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
• 2 Year Professional Development Programme in Leadership and Management and the opportunity to complete accredited courses including the NPQML or NPQSL in 2022-2023
• Coaching from a member of SLT
• Funding to undertake external professional development, including IB training
With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country, and the College was recently named the Sunday Times East Anglian Secondary School of the Year. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all GCSE grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 85% at 4+. Maths is no exception to this and delivers excellent outcomes for our very comprehensive intake. Outcomes in Maths are consistently excellent, with 15% of students securing a Grade 9 and nearly 40% achieving Grade 7+. A focus on problem solving and mastery has meant that across our diverse, fully inclusive cohort, over 80% of students consistently achieve a 4+. We also run a highly successful Additional Maths (FSMQ) course as an enrichment opportunity in year 11, and a thriving entry level programme for our SEND students.
This post may also offer the opportunity to teach IB Maths in our outstanding sixth form, which is an integral part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well above the international average. Further Maths A Level is also offered as an extension for our Most Able sixth formers, with an opportunity to teach this available for the right candidate.
As an IB World School, the College offers a unique and innovative curriculum, with a weekly enrichment programme for all students as part of the College timetable, and with a focus on wellbeing at its heart. You will be joining us at an exciting time, as we redesign our KS3 programme with the introduction of the IB Middle Years Programme, offering the successful candidate the potential to lead on shaping our unique curriculum.
You will be joining an innovative and collaborative faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development and to developing students' love of Maths. You will be very well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experienced colleagues, including two Specialist Leaders in Education and two Lead Practitioners, and an exceptionally friendly and welcoming team.
The Maths department at IVC offers a range of unique opportunities for professional development. The team are leaders within the local Maths Hub, often hosting workshops, and a number of colleagues are Mastery Specialists and deliver CPD nationally with the NCETM. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through connections with a range of in-house and external CPD programmes. Colleagues in the Maths department have travelled as far afield as Shanghai as part of their CPD. You are strongly encouraged to visit the department to meet our staff and see the department in action so you can see first-hand what a fantastic opportunity this is.
With your knowledge and passion for Maths you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum offer embedded at IVC and to establish your own vision for delivering a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Eastern Learning Alliance (ELA) can offer you:
• the chance to work in a Flexible Working Ambassador School, where innovative approaches to work are championed and family life is fully supported, and wellbeing is a priority for all
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload, with a further reduction for new staff as part of our induction programme and an extensive support package for ECTs
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• subsidised access to the ELA’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
Applying for the job
Our Trust is committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment and undergo the appropriate checks. All positions within the Trust are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references along with a Certificate of Good Conduct if applicable. Only applications submitted on using the ELA application form will be accepted. We do not accept applications by CV.
Please find the link to our school Safeguarding policy: https://www.impington.cambs.sch.uk/policies/
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the College or speak with existing staff; please contact our HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit with one of our Assistant Principals.
Closing Date: 9am Friday 28 January 2022, interviews during the following 2 weeks.
Download an application form - 65.8 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.