Lead Teacher of RS & PSHCE
We are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated Lead Teacher of Religious Studies and PSHCE to join our vibrant team in January 2020. This is an important role in leading these two subjects across the school.
You will join us at an exciting time with our first academic year of GCSE exams and planning and recruiting for our sixth form that opens in 2020, providing a rare opportunity for an inspirational teacher to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
There is no closing date, candidates will be contacted when applications are received.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
• be an outstanding teacher with leadership experience or ready for the next stage in their career
• be an excellent practitioner who leads by example with the ability to teach inspirational lessons across the key stages
• be confident in teaching Religious Studies and PSHCE from Key Stage 3 to GCSE and ultimately A-Level
• be an effective and passionate communicator who can inspire and motivate children and adults
• be able to manage and develop staff and lead change
• be highly skilled in analysing data and benchmarks to ensure the progress of every student
• be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
• share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
• opportunities for ongoing professional development
• a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
• smaller classes of 25
• main pay scale or upper pay scale, depending on experience, with TLR2a for suitably qualified/experienced candidates
About Turing House School
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 11. Our first four years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. Last year we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. The school’s new-build permanent site in Whitton will be ready during the academic year 2020/21, with state of the art facilities. Until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites in Teddington and Hampton. The School is developing strong STEM and Music specialisms and particularly welcomes applicants whose experience supports the further development of these distinctive aspects of school life.
- 2 Queen's Road, Teddington, TW11 0LR
- Free School