Will consider full-time, part-time
MPS/UPS (Inner London) plus TLR2a
We are looking for a creative and talented teacher to join our motivated and expanding team. You will be fundamental in formulating our innovative and exciting primary
curriculum and contributing to this vibrant local community within the Local Authority’s first all-through school for children and young people aged 3 to 19 in South London.
We are looking for an excellent Primary Class Teacher with:
- very high expectations of what can be achieved;
- a proven track record in raising pupil attainment;
- an understanding of how children learn and the complexities of this process;
- the aspiration to work with young people, colleagues and parents;
- the skills to work successfully as a team member establishing effective working relationships and flexible working practices;
-the ability to lead on the educational progress, achievement and anrichment experience (including trips, rewards and clubs)
- experience of following direction and working in collaboration with colleagues, parents, pupils and the school community;
- strong interpersonal skills.
Thank you for your interest in Woodmansterne School. As a growing school, we are looking to
extend ourinclusion team further and employ exceptional staff who share our values and
determination to ensure that Woodmansterne pupils receive a first-class education. We actively challenge underachievement – providing support and interventions to enable children to achieve their best.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for an excellent teacher and leader who is looking for a unique challenge and would welcome the prospect of shaping our curriculum and realising
Woodmansterne’s all through vision.
Woodmansterne is an oversubscribed school located in the heart of Streatham Vale within a
diverse and vibrant community. We are currently in our fifth year of expansion from a two-form entry primary to an age 3 – 19 all-through, our first intake of Year 7 pioneers began in September 2017.
Woodmansterne benefits from a variety of cultures and tradition; as well as celebrating our
differences, we come together with shared values of cooperation, unity, respect, aspiration,
responsibility and integrity. We provide an exciting, enriched educational experience for all our pupils and children develop high self-esteem, high aspirations and make excellent progress. We expect that all Woodmansterne children leave us imbued with the confidence, resilience and skills needed to prepare them for a successful and happy future.
Why should you come to work for us?
• we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
• half-price wrap around care if your child/ren attend Kids’ City after school club provision
(either at Woodmansterne or another school);
• we have amazing new buildings with two fantastic libraries, dedicated ICT suites,specialist
food rooms, science labs, music provision and well-resourced, ICT rich learning spaces
and a huge playing field;
• our exciting, enriched, curriculum is pupil-centred aimed at capturing every child’s full
• we are committed to staff well-being and have a well-being committee who arrange
book clubs, exercise classes and well-being activities;
• a commitment to personalised professional development and opportunities for career
• we have a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, who are completely
committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
• access to Cyclescheme;
• free refreshments in our wonderful spacious staffrooms and work areas;
• delicious food cooked by our Chefs in Schools team at affordable prices;
• the uniqueness of our all-through provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase
• we have strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and
Our staff are fully committed to supporting one another to improve through shared planning,
professional development and coaching/mentoring. We want new, conscientious, team
players who will help us learn, develop and grow in our knowledge and understanding of how
children learn effectively.
Applying for the job
https://www.woodmansterne.london/Vacancies/Vacancies/More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1074 pupils enrolled
3 to 18
About Woodmansterne School
Working at Woodmansterne is never dull. Creative ideas are listened to and considered and challenge is encouraged. Staff here are keen and confident to go the extra mile, knowing that their input is valued and respected.
Woodmansterne is a special place, ask anyone who has walked through our doors, the learning environment is calm and enriched; pupils, staff and parents are happy. Our goal is simple, to ‘achieve excellence together’, we do this by supporting each other and a relentless focus on inspiring our young people (and each other) to be the very best version of themselves that they can be.
Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions . Woodmansterne is at very exciting stage of its development, we have recently moved into our new secondary building. Working closely across phases has ensured cohesion between staff, a greater understanding of effective transition and how children learn and flourish. Our children aged 3 to 13 have been able to share experiences and develop a strong and united voice. It has been a pioneering journey, one that we have embraced as a community, we have learnt from each other, risen to challenges and overcome obstacles together.
As we move to the next stage of our development we intend to protect and the uniqueness of our cross phase community and all-through provision. Working closely with our families and the wider community is something we are passionate about, we have links with the local food bank, run a community fridge, host community events for local elderly residents and in the future will be sharing our wonderful new facilities with the local community.
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Arranging a visit to Woodmansterne School
You can get a flavour of Woodmansterne by visiting our website. However, the best insight into
whether you would like to join our team is to come and visit. To arrange a visit, please contact
Vicki Mitchell (Heads’ PA) via the School Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.