Reporting to SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for
Leading, managing and developing the subject area
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the development and management of teaching within your area
- Identify areas for development and improvement linked to the Academy improvement plan, SEF, national and local initiatives.
- Develop and monitor schemes of work for your area across the academy in liaison with your department and to ensure the successful implementation which meets curriculum requirements and differentiated to reflect student needs.
- Have an overview of, and contribute to the planning and delivery of continuous professional development and training related to your area.
People Development and Management
- Workforce planning for current and future demands to ensure sufficient, appropriately trained staff are available to effectively perform day-to-day requirements and manage periods of peak work volumes to meet KPIs
- Coach, mentor and develop staff including overseeing new employee onboarding, agreeing objectives, performance management, appraisal and career planning and identify CPD needs and opportunities.
- Manage staff absence within your area of responsibility taking actions as appropriate in line with E-ACT policy and procedures, liaising with People Development and employee representatives
- Responsible for the Health and Safety, security and welfare of self and colleagues in accordance with E-ACT’s policies and procedures, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Responsible for working in accordance with E-ACT’s policy relating to the promotion of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Leader of Geography to join our passionate and caring team here at Royton and Crompton.The purpose of this role is to provide day to day leadership for the department and be accountable for the quality of teaching, learning and educational outcomes ensuring they are in line with the Academy’s strategic plan.
There is a Golden Hello attached to this role for the successful candidate.
Additional Salary/Benefits Information
Golden Hello - £5000
TLR2b - £5191
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community
This job post has expired.