Leader of Secondary Resource Base
Deadline is tomorrow
Start date details
31 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - This is a full time position
- MPS/ UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Qualified teacher status, with the commitment to developing expertise in the teaching of pupils with complex cognition and learning needs;
- Proven ability to raise the outcomes for pupils;
- Ability to plan and teach a broad range of engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve student attainment across a range of activities;
- That you can ensure that teaching is broad, balanced, relevant, motivational and appropriately differentiated in order to maximise the academic potential of all students;
- Effective behaviour management;
- A commitment to securing successful preparation for adulthood for students with SEND;
- A commitment to working in partnership with parents, school staff and outside agencies;
- High levels of professionalism and ability to work hard and remain calm under pressure;
- An outstanding commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high levels of emotional intelligence;
- A commitment to safeguarding all children and adults.
Additionally, as Resource Base Leader you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of leading an area of a school, be it a subject area, pastoral work or within SEND;
- Knowledge of the EHCP review process and working with agencies;
- Ability to work with other senior leaders in the school to plan the curriculum for the students attending the Resource Base;
- Confidence in leading training on SEND;
- Be able to lead support staff within the Resource Base
- Experience of monitoring and tracking of data to improve outcomes for students with SEND.
What the school offers its staff
In return we will offer you:
- Training opportunities;
- The opportunity to further your career;
- Supportive line management and networking opportunities with other Resource Bases within the Trust;
- A caring and dynamic team of colleagues;
- A commitment to achieving the best for all of our pupils and staff.
Further details about the role
Clarendon Academy is seeking to appoint an experienced teacher to teach in a new Resource Base for students with complex Cognition and Learning needs at the school. This is a wonderful opportunity to be in at the outset of this exciting new venture to provide support for secondary aged students who require a more specialist provision than mainstream, but who do not need a special school.
Base Designation: Complex
Cognition and Learning needs
The Resource Base is due to open in September 2023 and during the first year will cater for up to 10 young people all of whom will have EHCPs. The Base will be accommodated in a large, newly refurbished area of the school with access to its own classrooms, life skills and art room, toilet facilities, office and outside space. Students will follow the Clarendon curriculum and have opportunities to work on their individual outcomes as recorded in their EHCP.
Our aim is to ensure that the Resource Base is providing the highest standard of education for the pupils in its care and you will be an essential team member in ensuring this. You will work closely with the Head of SEND for Acorn Education Trust and the Senior Leadership team of the school to deliver our vision.
As a teacher of Resource Base, you will be passionate about teaching children with learning difficulties and speech, language and communication needs as well as maintaining high standards. You will be committed to developing expertise in the teaching of pupils with SEND and will be able to work effectively in a growing team.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Clarendon Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 953 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Clarendon Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01225 762686
Arranging a visit to The Clarendon Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Head of Business Studies, Economics & Computing
Stanley Lane, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3XB
Frome Community College
Bath Road, Frome, Somerset, BA11 2HQ
Head of Year (English Teacher)
Maggs Lane, Castle Cary, Somerset, BA7 7JJ
Vattingstone Lane, Bristol, BS35 3LA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Wiltshire and Swindon