- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
27.5 per week - Monday to Friday
(Term Time Only including 5 Additional days)
- Contract type
- Fixed term (The post is subject to external funding and will, therefore be subject to review when the funding ceases or the student leaves the school.)
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £18,065 + £1,315 SEN allowance
- Actual salary
- £11,236 + £849 SEN allowance
Job summaryRequired ASAP
"This is a truly inclusive school where every pupil is valued. All pupils receive high-quality support, particularly those who are vulnerable. Leaders have created a culture in which all are given the chance to be successful."Ofsted, September 2016
We require an experienced Learning Assistant to work with specific students with additional needs.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have good Numeracy/Literacy/Communication Skills
- Establish good working relationships with the students concerned, acting as role models
- Be aware of and respond appropriately to the student’s individual needs
- Provide one to one support within the classroom, enabling access to learning
- Be aware of and comply with school policies relating to child protection, health & safety, confidentiality and data protection
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have an appropriate qualification – i.e. NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants
The post is subject to external funding and will, therefore be subject to review when the funding ceases or the student leaves the school.
The post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Interviews (to include Literacy and Numeracy Assessment): Week of 20th September 2021
£1,315 SEN allowance (FTE)
£849 SEN allowance (Actual)
Applying for the job
For an application form and further details please contact Cath Geden on 01744 678123, via our website www.stcuthberts.com or email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms to be completed and returned for the attention of Mrs C Twist, Headteacher to email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.