Learning Behaviour Mentor (Full time)
18 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
19 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday 30 Hours Per Week (pro rata 39 weeks)# Typically 8.45 - 3.45
- School Pay Scale – Scale 6 (Level 2) (inclusive of London Weighting)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Main Duties include:
- Providing academic, social and emotional support to children with behavioural difficulties
- Working with school staff to identify students for mentoring.
- Support underperforming children on a 1:1 basis, as well as small group sessions, outside the classroom and within lessons.
- Help to engage students in lessons
- Draw up agreed action plans with learners to help resolve barriers to learning and monitor their progress.
- Lead academic interventions to support children working below expected levels.
- Supporting the class teacher with delivery of lessons.
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Implement behaviour management strategies effectively
- Support children on the playground and run nurture groups/quiet sessions at these times to support children who may struggle to cope on the playground.
- To maintain regular contact with families/carers, to keep them informed of the child’s needs and progress and to secure positive family support and involvement.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least one years' experience working within a school.
- Hold a relevant degree or teaching assistant qualification (Level 2)
- Have a good understanding of supporting SEN students.
- Have experience working with challenging behaviour.
- Be someone who can engage children and be a positive influence on their learning
- Be passionate about making a difference to children's lives by enabling them to learn, thrive and achieve.
What the school offers its staff
For September 2023, we are looking to appoint a Learning Behaviour Mentor to join our fantastic support staff team. This will be a new role within the school. As a Learning Mentor you will work closely with individuals struggling with social emotional and behavioural problems affecting their ability to learn. You'll work alongside teachers to determine the needs to learners and how to overcome their barriers.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 101 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Greenwood Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 593 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Greenwood Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Greenwood Primary is a welcoming, happy and successful school in Northolt. We offer a supportive environment for both staff and pupils. Ofsted October 2022 reported that Greenwood is a GOOD school. The report states, “Staff, including those at the start of their careers, are overwhelmingly positive about leaders’ care and consideration towards their workload and well-being. They feel valued and trusted, and appreciate the opportunities provided to help them develop further in their careers.”
Arranging a visit to Greenwood Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Speech & Language Therapist - Full Time
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Speech & Language Therapist - Fixed Term 1 Year
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Enrichment and Co-curriculum Coordinator
Cyril Jackson Primary School
Limehouse Causeway, London, E14 8AQ
Rotherfield Primary School
Rotherfield Street, London, N1 3EE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed