• A minimum of five GCSEs, including Mathematics and English at grade C, or above or equivalent qualifications.
• Excellent behaviour management skills.
• Training in relevant learning support strategies, e.g. ASD, BfL.
Experience & Knowledge
• Experience of working with children of relevant age in a learning environment.
Practical & Intellectual Skills
• A commitment to effectively making use of ICT.
• Excellent organisational, communication and decision-making skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
Disposition, Aptitude & Attributes
• Positive disposition to implementing the Trust’s educational vision.
• The ability to relate to, and build relationships with, students, parents / carers and other members of the school community.
• High personal standards in terms of attendance, punctuality and meeting deadlines.
• Positive disposition towards inclusion of all students, including those with learning difficulties, in mainstream learning and education.
• Student-focused commitment
• Solution focused disposition and a positive attitude, particularly to challenge and change.
• Understanding of, and commitment to, Equal Opportunities issues and principles and the need to apply an equal standard of care to all
• Able to work as part of a broader inclusion and student support system.
• Ability to work as a team player and be supportive of team working.
• Commitment to participative and continuous improvement / development.
• A willingness to participate in after school / extra-curricular activities.
• Ability to work without constant supervision, to provide assistance as and when required, to seek tasks when unoccupied, and think
clearly and calmly in an emergency.
• Understanding of the principles of accountability and quality assurance to achieve best possible student outcomes.
• Openness and willingness to learn.
Birches Head Academy is looking to appoint an Assistant Head of Year / Learning Coach to join our dedicated staff. The Assistant Head of Year / Learning Coach will support the Head of Year who has responsibility for a cohort of students, with overall control of their achievement and standards. You will also be expected to support the Head of Year with developmental whole school / Key Stage initiatives that will raise standards of achievement across the year group / Key Stage. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working with children of relevant age in a learning environment. You should possess a drive to improve the achievement and standards of students and the ability to communicate effectively with students, colleagues and parents / carers. You must be computer literate, organised and
have at least five GCSEs, including Maths and English at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications).
All staff play a vital role in helping us to ensure our students receive a world-class education, thereby enabling each child to reach their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to demonstrate their ability to champion the Academy’s development and to be part of our exciting journey.
We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to have a staff body that matches the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.