We are a group of schools based in East Bournemouth catering for students age 4-18 across our four schools. Avonwood Primary School is a standalone primary facility based next door to our Avonbourne Boys’ and Girls’ Academies where students share a campus and are taught in predominantly single sex classes. When students reach our United Sixth Form, mixed classes are reinstated. We believe this diamond model of education recognises that as boys and girls reach their teenage years, they approach their learning differently allowing us to get the most out of every student.
The Academies advocate a coaching culture, where teachers develop as reflective practitioners, utilising shared best practice and evidence based teaching and learning initiatives. In-house CPD is extensive and high quality, with professional learning communities utilising local university support, to carry out action research in cross-faculty groups.
Pastoral care is superb, with a highly trained team that are morally driven and extremely effective. We encourage students to develop their skills through the provision of educational opportunities which enable young minds to play a part in creating a future which has opportunities for all and encourages aspiration and determination.
The Academies are undergoing a transformational journey and are part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life-changing education across England. As a group we achieve more by sharing than any single school could.
Avonbourne Boys’ and Girls’ Academies
Fixed Term Contract to 31 August 2023
37.5 hours a week, Term Time only (39 working weeks, plus pro rata holiday allowance of 5.67 weeks)
Monday to Friday (8.30am to 4.30pm)
Salary: £18,039 actual (£21,000 FTE)
Start Date: ASAP depending on pre-employment checks
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 9th October 2022
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the personal development of students as part of our Learning Coach Team. You will work within Avonbourne Academies under the general direction of the SENDCo who is responsible for the overall policy of the specialist educational programme for students with SEN needs.
The successful candidate will:?
- Be caring, patient and supportive with a positive attitude
- Passionate and hardworking to champion vulnerable students
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to motivate, inspire and encourage students
- Be resilient, resourceful and have high expectations of students’ achievement and behaviour
- Enjoy working as part of a hardworking team
- Be committed to professionally develop via our in-house CPD offer and external providers
- Be willing to be trained to deliver the Thinking Reading Programme
The successful candidate will ideally have a knowledge and understanding of:
- Barriers to students’ learning
- Targeted small group and 1:1 programmes
- How children learn and how to engage with them
We can offer you:?
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme.?
- over 250 employee exclusive benefits through our partners, Perkbox, including access to discounted cinema tickets, holidays and gym memberships, car leasing and Cycle2work schemes?
- access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.?
- occupational sick pay, protecting you and your family?
- continuous Professional Development options that will be tailored to your needs?
- competitive maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
Avonbourne?Academies are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.???
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required?for all successful applicants.???
Note –?We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their application as soon as possible.?No further applications will be accepted once closed.??
For more information? ?
To apply, please complete the online application form.??
For more information about this role please contact:??
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday 9th October 2022
This job post has expired.