New Learning Coaches
(Same contract as with Teaching Assistants)
Do you love working with children and thrive off seeing them become independent brilliant learners? You don’t have to be necessarily academic to work here. What we do want are people who are resilient, passionate about education, want to make a difference and who have the humour to find ways through every day.
The post is permanent, term time only plus one week (39 weeks per year)
32.5 hours per week
SCP 5-6 (Previously Level 2 SCP 14-17) £18795 - £19171 FTE depending on experience
EYFS, KS 1 or KS 2
We are recruiting:
Learning Coaches who understand children. You may have experience of working with children with SEND but this is not essential. We are looking for people who are kind, courageous, willing to learn and are able to build supportive relationships with adults and children in our community.
Everyone is welcome and everyone is included. No matter your previous experience, if you can demonstrate a thirst for learning and an ability to rise above challenges (and importantly to celebrate successes together) then this is the place for you.
The University of Cambridge Primary School aspires to be an outstanding school and as well as this responsibility, we will work closely with partners, including the Faculty of Education and the wider University, to develop initial teacher training and research. The school is the first primary University Training School – expectations are very high.
Our Learning Coaches have a big role in our school, and many are inspired to take on some leadership of an area (e.g. first aid), being fully involved in managing a wonderful lunch experience for children and need to be flexible. We work differently at UCPS to develop and encourage a community of educators who collaborate to support each child during their unique learning journey. Being a part of the first university training school in the country is very exciting.
Our school can offer you:
• An opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of our young people
• A supportive leadership team to help you thrive
• A welcoming and enthusiastic environment with a talented and dedicated staff team
• Lots of singing and community spirit!
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be kind and have courage.
• Be able to adapt the role to a changing educational landscape and to support staff through this.
• Be hard working.
• Have high personal expectations and dedication to achieve the best with the children you teach and support.
• Interest and positive attitude to support class teachers in delivering planned activities as well as in managing groups of children.
• You have good Literacy and Numeracy skills, able to support children in reading, writing and maths.
• Talk about education and our values, giving examples how they live these in their own lives and contexts
• Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the community.
All staff are employed by the UTS Cambridge Trust not the University of Cambridge.
For further information and to make an application please visit www.universityprimaryschool.org.uk Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Please note that the school will be closed from Wednesday 24th July 2019 13:30 and reopens Monday 9th September 2019 therefore are unable to answer any queries and can only receive completed applications electronically.
All completed applications should be returned to the school electronically. email@example.com
Please note if you have not been contacted by Friday 27th September, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
School Tours: Thursday 12th September 2019 16.30 – 17.30 please arrive promptly for a 16.30 start, onsite parking is for permit holders only. Please utilise public pay and display parking in Eddington.
Closing date: Tuesday 17th September 2019 09:00 a.m.
Shortlisting: Friday 20th September 2019
Interviews: Monday 30th September. Start Date: As soon as possible.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We take our Prevent Duty seriously and promote British Values at all times. Equality for all children, staff and volunteers is embedded in our ethos, thus meaning discrimination of disability, race, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity and gender identity is not tolerated. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references. Candidates will also need to declare that they are not barred from working with children because of the rules related to barring by association.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
See full Person Specification and job description
Term Time Only, 32.5 hours 39 weeks per year. LGPS, LA Pay Structure. Salary Quoted is Full Time Equivalent
About University of Cambridge Primary School
- Eddington Avenue, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB3 0QZ
- Free School
- University of Cambridge Primary School website (opens in a new window)