Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS / UPS
Learning Leader of Music
MPS / UPS plus TLR 3.3 (£1,702)
Required from September 2021
"Sir John Thursby Community College continues to be a good school. Staff enjoy working at this school.
The pupils that we spoke to told us that they feel safe at school. They have good relationships with staff and they are well cared for. Senior leaders are determined to make the school better for pupils and staff.”
Ofsted January 2020
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly effective and motivated candidate to join a successful and welcoming school to make a real difference to our young people.
Sir John Thursby Community College is an oversubscribed secondary school, housed in a state of the art building with facilities to enable the very best teaching and learning to take place every day. Our students are at the centre of all we do and our staff have a passion for improving the life chances of the young people and the community we serve. We are looking for an exceptional leader who can build our Music department and inspire young musicians.
The department sits within the Performing Arts Department. All of our Key Stage 3 students work towards the Arts Award Bronze qualification. We are looking for a driven and passionate leader with the inspiration, motivation, vision and expertise:
• To take responsibility for the leadership of the Music department
• To ensure that achievement rises in the department by effective analysis of student performance and through the delivery of an appropriate and inspiring curriculum
• To deliver a range of extra-curricular opportunities to transform the lives of our young people
You will be an outstanding teacher willing to share our drive and passion to inspire our students with a love of your subject and the motivation to ensure every student achieves through:
• Outstanding classroom practice and an ability to engage all young people.
• A commitment to contribute to our enrichment programme
• The ability to motivate students of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
• A passion and commitment to raise standards and achievement.
• The ability to work and contribute as part of a team.
• Commitment, resilience, patience, hard work and a good sense of humour.
• The willingness to do what it takes to achieve a goal.
Further details and application form are available from the college website or Irene Hayhurst (on behalf of the Headteacher) as detailed above.
For application information please:
• download from the ‘vacancies’ section on the college website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
• or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• or telephone 01282 682313
Please submit your completed application form (on the version supplied with this vacancy) to Mrs I Hayhurst: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 10th March 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
Local authority maintained school
1123 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Sir John Thursby Community College
Mainstream, Foundation, LA maintained, 11-16 Secondary School.
Sir John Thursby Community College is a mixed 11-16, multi-cultural, fully inclusive college which values all students, staff and our community partners. We have over 1,000 students on roll and over 150 staff enjoying working together to provide the best for everyone.
In 2016 Ofsted rated us GOOD in all areas. Our facilities are exceptional for 21st Century learning.