Learning Mentor: Job information
Job Ref: R044
Salary: Grade 6 SCP 19 – SCP 22
Location: Withywood Bristol
Contract: 37 hours
Four Acres Academy is looking for a Learning Mentor to work across the Academy. By building positive relationships, the ideal candidate will be able to help children to manage their behaviour effectively.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Form great relationships with children and staff, enabling them to learn, grow and achieve.
- Write and manage pupil behaviour plans in conjunction with pupils, parents and staff.
- Work with small groups of children to help them access their education.
- Respond proactively and calmly to dysregulated children.
- Teach classes or groups of children on a planned or ad-hoc basis.
- Run extra-curricular activities, including accompanying children on sports fixtures, trips or visits.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours with potential for holiday clubs
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development, including formal qualifications.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes.
- Free access to employee assistance programme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous experience of working with children to help them manage their behaviour
- A proven ability to work flexibly and on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude and excellent self-regulation/emotional awareness
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Hours - Term-time only 37.5 hours per week. Core hours - 8.30 - 3.30 (Optional holiday club hours)
This is a varied role where no day will be the same, and candidates are encouraged to have a tour of the school and discussion with the Headteacher before applying.
- Download the JD/PS, Recruitment Pack (and Candidate pack if relevant)
- Click on the ‘apply’ button within the vacancy advertised on theFutura Learning Jobsite
- Complete and submit your online application before the closing date.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
This job post has expired.