Learning Mentor (Multiple Posts)
This job expired on 5 June 2023
Start date details
5 June 2023 at 9am
23 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week, term time only
- Fixed term - September 2023 to July 2024
Full-time equivalent salary
- £20,837 Qualified Starting Salary. £20,491 Unqualified Starting Salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Hold a minimum of 3 GCSEs (A*-C), or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants (or demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience)
- Have enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards supporting people with autism to lead independent and fulfilling lives
- Have previous experience of supporting/caring for others in a voluntary or paid capacity
support small classes of young people with a diagnosis of Autism. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic team and be part of the school’s journey in establishing excellence in the education of autistic pupils where you will be working closely with the Class Teacher and HLTA’s.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate a desire for improving pupil outcomes (including those of high aspiration and vision). You will also offer a flexible approach to your role and be confident to support a range of subjects in a small group and across various levels of academic ability.
What the school offers its staff
In addition to a competitive salary, the following benefits are offered:
- Cycle scheme.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme - a confidential support programme designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems.
- Headspace membership - Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness and meditation through its app and online content.
- Occupational sick pay.
- A range of discounts from hundreds of retailers, accessible from mobile phones or using reloadable discount cards – the average user saves £565 per year.
- Salary Finance - Our charity partneroffersSalary Financeloansas a financial wellbeing benefitfor our staff.
- Eyecare vouchers – employees who need glasses to use computer screens.
Further details about the role
We adhere to all
the necessary safeguarding checks as outlined in Keeping Children Safe in
Education 2022, including checking ID documents on all site visits (entry will
not be allowed without this), all pre-employment vetting checks must include;
references from previous employers and an
enhanced DBS with barred list check. Dependent on role, a section 128 check and a check
on the Teaching Regulation Agency will also be required. Social Media checks
are also conducted for all shortlisted candidates.
Every child is entitled to an education and every child deserves the best possible developmental opportunities so that they learn more and do more, preparing themselves for life after school. Our autistic pupils learn in happy and safe environments that are able to support their individual needs as autistic learners.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Church Lawton School
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 19
- School size
- 67 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Church Lawton School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Stoke On Trent and Staffordshire and Stoke