- G4 - £16,434 per annum. Term-time only
Learning Mentor job summary
Are you looking for an innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely invests and develops you? Then come and join us at Whitmore High School where we believe all our exceptional staff contribute to transforming students’ lives!
We are looking for a Learning Mentor who would like to join our dynamic and successful school; someone who would like to be part of a friendly and hard-working team.
The successful candidate will:
• Work with the pastoral teams to identify those students who would benefit most from a Learning Mentor and draw up an action plan for each child identifying the particular support needed
• Develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with students needing particular support, to achieve the goals and targets defined in the action plan
• Offer mentoring support in small groups on specific issues
• To have knowledge and appreciation of the range of activities, courses, opportunities and organisations that could be drawn upon to provide extra support for young people
• To liaise with middle schools and colleges to ensure that students who are at serious risk of dropping out of education/training have an identified programme to enhance their engagement in education and school life
• Operate varying levels of intervention depending on the reasons for referral
• Be able to relate well to a wide range of young people from different ability, ethnic and social backgrounds as well as with teachers and other professionals
• Have a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and the principles and practice of equal opportunities
• Be committed to the principles and practice of safeguarding all young people
• State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
• Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
• You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
• Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
• Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
• Free annual flu jab
• Free use of the on-site gym
• Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.