Learning Resource Centre Co-ordinator
To provide an efficient and effective service within the Learning Resource Centre including support and guidance to students during break times and after school, as well as delivering reading lessons to Key Stage 3 students.
Essential educational requirements
The successful candidate will have:
-Successful experience working with children in a school environment
-Educated to Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalentqualification /experience
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships
- The ability to overcome barriers to learning with children by implementing school policies, procedures and identified support mechanisms
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A passion to improve learning and work collaboratively with teaching staff to aid the progress of all students and develop their confidence
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, safeguarding and child protection
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
Educated to Level 2 or equivalent (including English)
Essential skills and experience
Applicants will need experience working in an educational or learning environment and a passion for literature.
• Comprehensive tailored induction programmes
• Mentor / Buddy System
• Commitment to continuing professional development
• Various staff benefits including access to free car parking, school gymnasium and swimming pool
About The King Edmund School
We summarise our aims as a school by the phrase ‘In Pursuit of Excellence'. We want every student to strive to achieve the very best that they can in every aspect of school life – from their studies to participation in school shows, sporting activities and so on. The wellbeing of our students is something we also take seriously, since we want students to be happy, well-adjusted and resilient during their time at KES and beyond. A happy, secure student is far more likely to be successful throughout life. The opportunities on offer at KES allow students to develop in this way and to develop the skills and attributes they need to face the future with confidence.
- Vaughan Close, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1TL
- The King Edmund School website (opens in a new window)