LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
31 March 2023 at 9am
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 28.75 hours per week - Term time only
Full-time equivalent salary
- Kent Range 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
A professional and adaptable person is required to work across subject areas, to proactively support students with their learning and welfare needs in order to maximise their levels of achievement and independence. It would be an advantage to have experience of working in a similar post or school setting and a level 3 Diploma or equivalent is essential.
What the school offers its staff
Thamesview is a school where everyone is expected to do their best and our drive to improve means staff can really make their mark and develop professionally. We are proud to develop both academic and vocational qualifications to ensure all our students achieve their full potential. We benefit from a new school building that provides innovative learning environments and state of the art ICT equipment.
We are committed to providing high quality learning experiences for our children and supporting our staff through excellent CPD opportunities. We are looking for candidates with drive and wanting to progress quickly.
As a school, we can offer you...
- A friendly place to work holding the Gold Kent and Medway Staff Wellbeing Award, where all members of staff are valued as people as well as professionals
- A dedicated Staff Wellbeing Team
- Low staff turnover
- Active support with your career development
- Students that are proud of their school and performing well in Progress Eight, in comparison to many other schools
- Very well looked after school site and facilities that are only 10 years old and very modern, including ample, free, on-site parking.
- Free annual Flu Vaccination vouchers.
- Favourable consideration of requests for time off to attend family events such as weddings, graduations, school plays, Christmas concerts, Sports Day, award ceremonies etc.
- Access to Health and Wellbeing support via Occupational Health and access to free, confidential counselling services with the Staff Support Line Service.
- A school that looks to develop people’s skills and abilities at all levels with opportunities for staff to progress quickly and develop into posts of responsibility at all levels.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 1.33 MB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thamesview School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 927 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thamesview School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01474 566552
Thamesview School is a place where every member of school is encouraged to have the highest aspirations in their personal and academic lives. Our students are encouraged to become globally aware citizens who embrace high moral standards. We place Teaching and Learning at the very core of everything we do and are committed to empowering students to become: • aspirational • confident in learning • adaptable • creative • responsible Our school emphasises the importance of core skills and the importance of the fundamental skills involved, particularly in English and maths, and in all other curriculum areas. Our rich curriculum enables each student to make progress on a pathway which is right for them. This means that the school offers both academic and vocational qualifications so that each individual is fully prepared to maintain strong habits of learning throughout their lives and to be fully prepared to participate in society as lifelong learners. Thamesview School cares for its students so that everyone feels safe and is able to learn. Our ethos of care and respect permeates through every aspect of school life. Students are encouraged to act with integrity and honesty in every aspect of their lives and to ensure that they leave school with a tenacity to succeed and willingness to make positive contributions to our society.
Similar jobs nearby
Teaching Assistant (1:1 support with personal care)
Bishop Justus CofE School
Magpie Hall Lane, Bromley, Kent, BR2 8HZ
Chelmsford Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3ET
Hall Mead School
Marlborough Gardens, Upminster, Essex, RM14 1SF
Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy
Victoria Park Road, London, E9 7HD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway