The successful candidate will
- Previous experience working with children/young people
- Experience of working in an educational setting
- GCSE or equivalent including at least grade 4 in English and Maths
- Experience of planning and leading small group teaching/interventions desirable
- Good knowledge of SEN
- Good IT skills (with good knowledge of Microsoft applications e.g. word, excel, etc)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player and the ability to be able to build effective relationships with both colleagues and students
- Able to work using initiative
The Chalk Hills Academy are seeking to appoint Learning Support Assistant,with possible opportunities for internal responsibilities’ with in the team, to help support the teaching and learning of an individual or groups of students. We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and knowledgeable candidates who will contribute to the intellectual and social development of students and support their achievement in Literacy and Numeracy and other specific curriculum areas as directed.
If you want to train to become a teacher but not sure how, The Chalk Hills Academy can train and develop you so you can gain your Qualified Teaching Status. If you are a graduate and interested in starting as a Learning Support Assistant, after 12 months of successful completion in this role we can support suitable candidates in becoming a qualified teacher.
We are looking to recruit Learning Support Assistants who have the right attitude and will represent our positive ‘can do’ ethos that runs through our Academy. Therefore, you do not need to be a graduate to be successfully appointed for this role.
The Shared Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and child protection at every stage of the recruitment process.
This job post has expired.