Inspire and transform learning with us at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park. We are currently looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to support children with SEND.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications to GCSE Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Some knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, and many other benefits. Learn more aboutour benefitson our website.
As Learning Support Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Attending to the child's personal needs and implementing related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters
- Working with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager to support the implementation of person centred planning and targets for SEND children
- Liaising with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND children is effectively implemented
- Supervising and support SEND children ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establishing good relationships with all children, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all children
As part of making reasonable adjustments, it will sometimes be necessary to direct LSAs to support children's intimate care needs in line with the academy Intimate Care Policy and to maintain their health, safety and personal dignity.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.