Hours: 35 per week 8.30 am - 4.00 pm
Weeks: 38 weeks per year
Millennium Primary School is part of the Maritime multi-academy trust, an innovative partnership of schools in Greenwich, Bexley, Kent and Medway. Our schools transform through collaboration and an entrepreneurial curriculum which equips children with life skills.
We welcome applications fromLearning Support Assistant's to join an enthusiastic and creative team. Millennium Primary School is an outstanding school and is a large two form entry school located on the Greenwich Peninsula. We are a modern state of the art building comprising a number of innovative facilities which support the children with their learning and the local community.
The successful applicant will have:-
- A relevant Teaching Assistant or childcare qualification NVQ level 3
- Experience of working in a primary school with EYFS to year 6
- Experience of working with SEN and ASD children is essential
- Good interpersonal skills and be adaptable and resourceful when helping pupils with different needs and backgrounds to access the curriculum.
In return we offer the applicant:-
- A positive, happy and friendly working environment.
- Enthusiastic and well behaved children.
- Opportunities for further career development through the Maritime Academy Trust.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Early Access Salary scheme and financial advice (Wagestream)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
Maritime Academy Trust embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Maritime Trust is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for these posts.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via the TES website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 6th February 2024
Interview Date: TBC
In line with KCSIE 2023 guidance, as part of the shortlisting process, the Trust reserves the right to conduct an online search on shortlisted candidates as part of our due diligence and to share any pertinent information found concerning a candidate's suitability to work with children with Hiring Managers to be discussed at interview stage.
Maritime Academy Trust is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.