Hours: 33.75 per week (8.15am-3.30pm, including an unpaid break of 30 minutes) ,
Actual Salary: £18,084- £22,160
This is a permanent
Who we are seeking
Are you someone who shares our core values, and who wants to create places of learning that are truly remarkable?
If you are flexible, ambitious and committed to enhancing standards of learning and pastoral care in equal measure, then this role has been written just for you!
A unique opportunity has arisen at Blackfield Primary School - a place where we 'Make Learning Irresistible. - high 'expectations, aspirations, mutual trust and respect are all underpinned by a warm, nurturing ethos.
This role will involve working collaboratively with class teachers in supporting all children to make good progress, including through the delivery of planned learning to small groups or individuals. The attached job description and person specification provides further information.
The successful applicant will be warmly welcomed into our Trust partnership and able to access a myriad of opportunities and experiences that will support personal and professional growth.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in settings which benefit from being part of a multi-academy trust that is large enough to effectively support schools but small enough to know and care for them individually, and the people who work and learn within them, well. We take staff wellbeing seriously.
- A competitive salary and longer school holidays than maintained schools, including a two- week October half-term break
- A variety of career pathways and bespoke professional development, including a thorough and tailored induction, performance development with a linked Line Manager, network groups, face to face and e-learning. We invest in people
- Supportive colleagues who are committed to the #oneteam ethos.
- Opportunities to observe and ask questions of colleagues and to ‘give things a try’. We encourage innovation, research, bravery and development
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Recognition of continuous service with Local Authorities and other Academy Trusts
- CEO Awards to recognise those amazing everyday achievements
- Cycle to work scheme and ongoing discount offers at Halfords and Tredz
- The ability to be the change within the community that you will work in
The successful applicant will:
- Have previous experience of working in a school, nursery or pre-school (this is desirable but not essential)
- Have an understanding of special educational needs (this is desirable but not essential)
- Exhibit their commitment to maintaining a robust culture of safeguarding
- Feel an affinity with our vision and values
- Have GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) including English and Maths
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to build effective working relationships with pupils and adults
- Have skills and expertise to understand the needs of all pupils
- Show confidence in supporting children in their learning and wellbeing
- A commitment to getting the best outcomes for all pupils
- Actively participate in regular training and development
- Maintain confidentiality
Has this role got your name on it?
If you have any further questions or would like to arrange a tour of the base setting, please contact the school directly: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Early application is encouraged as we anticipate significant interest and therefore reserve the right to interview exceptional candidates prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to safeguarding
Inspire Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for all roles in regulated activity. The specific safeguarding responsibilities of this role are outlined within Part One of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023.
Further details concerning our safeguarding policies and procedures, including our statement on the Rehabilitation of Offenders, can be found on the Trust website.
As part of our due diligence and in line with the recommendation made in Keeping Children Safe in Education, the Trust reserves the right to undertake online searches on shortlisted candidates. Further details about our searches can be found within our Recruitment Policy.
This job post has expired.