- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
Full time hours - term time only
- Contract type
- Fixed term (1 year )
- £13,395.41 - actual salary
Learning Support Assistant – Bohunt School Liphook
Actual Salary £13,395.41 based on full time hours, term time only
1 year, full time, (part time hours will be considered) fixed contract
We are seeking to appoint a well organised, skilled and professional person to support students within the School and sixth form. If you are passionate about young people, enjoy variety in your role and thrive on working in a busy environment this is a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent). We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with an experience of working at sixth form level as well as supporting students with physical difficulties and or visual impairments (training and or qualifications in these areas not essential but desirable).
Working as part of a team, within many different departments, is a crucial aspect of the role, so you must have a flexible attitude to react to different situations throughout the school day and the ability to use your own initiative within the learning environment.
Are you able to:
• Work flexibly and use your own initiative?
• Communicate effectively with a friendly and helpful disposition?
• Work calmly under pressure?
• To work under the direction of the SENDCo and Assistant SENDCo on a daily basis.
• To assist in the education, supervision and welfare of students in the classes you are assigned to and around the school
• To create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos
• Working in a highly motivated team of colleagues
• The opportunity to gain further experience and career progression at the school
TO APPLY: please read the job description, letter to applicants, School information and complete the BS support staff application on our website – https://www.bohunt.hants.sch.uk/about/vacancies/
Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 09am on Monday 06 December
Interview date: TBC
Start date: ASAP
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.