Please note that applications will be considered as they are received and you are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible as some interviews may take place, and the appointment may be made before the closing date is reached for the post.
As a growing school we have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join our team. The role will be varied and you will need to be adaptable and flexible - there will be opportunities to work within the whole class, teaching small groups and on a 1:1 basis with individual pupils. 31.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.45am – 3.30pm. Term time only (39 weeks). Grade B – Step 1 - Full Time Equivalent Salary £22,737, Actual Annual Salary £16,470.84.
The successful candidates will:
- Have a child-centred approach
- Be able to create a structure for a children with SEND needs
- Have the ability to work in an Early Years, KS1 or KS2 setting.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to a fixed timetable
- Have experience of working with children with social/communication difficulties in a small group setting.
- Have the ability to keep pupils motivated and engaged
- Have a calm but firm approach
- Be able to adapt and think on your feet
- Be flexible and willing to learn
- Be able to attune to a child’s emotional needs
- Be able to work as part of a team, learning with and from other colleagues
- Be able to work independently and on your own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate excellent behaviour management skills
- Understand confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
We would welcome applications from recent graduates who are interested in pursuing a future career in teaching as well as those who have an interest in supporting and working with children with special needs.
The key features of our vision are:
- Children are at the heart of what we do;
- We provide ambitious, high quality education for all, with high expectations of success for all in every aspect of school life.
- A safe, secure, inclusive environment where all pupils are supported and challenged to achieve their full potential.
- An exciting curriculum with a focus on preparing children to understand the world around them and to make a difference.
- Encouraging pupils to have creative and enquiring minds as confident, resilient and happy learners with good mental and physical health.
- Developing genuine partnerships with parents and all members of the school community to enable all to achieve their full potential.
- Developing a life-long love of learning that extends beyond the curriculum and into the world that we live in.
Benefits of working for our trust include:
- Friendly and sociable colleagues
- Staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
- Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
- A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing Date: Midday, Friday 8th December 2023.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) along with other relevant employment checks.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.