- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
32.5 hours per week
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until 31st August 2022)
- JG4 £19,474 - £21,703
Pay Scale: JG4 £19,474 - £21,703. Actual starting salary £14,827 per annum
Contract: 32.5 hours per week. Term Time Only + INSET. Fixed term until 31st August 2022 or until the end of the LA funding, whichever is sooner.
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to take an active role in supporting students as part of the Student Services team.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, with a focus on enabling young people to make a positive difference and achieve the Academy’s vision: to set no limits on what we can achieve.
• Have a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification
• Have excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Be able to work within a dynamic and challenging environment
• Be enthusiastic and flexible
• Be able to manage their time, resources and workload effectively with minimum supervision
• Have a commitment to safeguarding students
We will give you:
• The challenge and support of an experienced and enthusiastic team
• The chance to work with fantastic students
• The opportunity to work in an outstanding academy with a track record of success
• The opportunity to make a difference to staff and students on a daily basis.
Churchill Academy offers a local government contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme, on-site cashless catering, and on-site parking.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to a criminal records check, medical check and satisfactory references.
Further information is contained within the Job Description and Person Specification. Full details and an application pack can be found on the Academy’s website. Completed applications can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Midnight, Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Interviews: September 2021
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1615 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Churchill Academy & Sixth Form
We are proud to be a successful comprehensive school with an excellent sixth form in a beautiful rural setting. We maintain the highest standards of behaviour within a supportive and inclusive culture that values and celebrates personal enrichment and creativity alongside academic achievement. We are proud of the recognition we have earned and of our reputation as a friendly and welcoming school where we care for all our staff and students. We are never complacent, and constantly work to make our school even better.
Our core purpose is to inspire and enable young people to make a positive difference. We do this with a single-minded focus on the power of learning to transform our lives. To learn effectively, we believe in the value of:
- Determined and consistent effort
- A hunger to learn new things
- Challenging ourselves to go beyond what is comfortable
- Viewing setbacks and mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow
- Seeking and responding to feedback
- Encouraging others to succeed
All of our work is guided by our core values:
These values underpin our vision to be a school where we set no limits on what we can achieve.