- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
7 hours per day, Monday to Friday, term time only.
- Contract type
Learning Support Assistant
Start Date: January 2022
Salary: Band 2 to midpoint
Hours per week: 8:30am – 4:00pm part time/full time – term time only
We are looking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant to support children in their academic and social progress during school time and in the after school club. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, well organised person, who is a good listener and communicator, able to work with and alongside children, families, staff and external agencies.
Previous experience of working in a school setting is essential. NVQ Level 2 in Learning Support/Early Years, NNEB or equivalent qualification/experience required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Work as part of a team.
• Have a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Show initiative and flexibility.
• Work successfully with young children.
• Model excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have a good understanding of how children learn.
• Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the children.
• Lead interventions for small groups of children.
• Be committed to raising standards for all children.
• Be able to liaise closely with teachers, support staff, parents and the wider community.
• Follow the school’s nurturing ethos.
We can offer:
• An inclusive and nurturing ethos.
• Exciting and creative learning opportunities.
• A committed and dedicated staff.
• Enthusiastic and friendly children and parents / carers.
For further information, check out our school virtual tour at https://youtu.be/GRS1i0h0i34 this gives you a brilliant summary of the school. After watching the video and visiting our website at www.eastwoodprimaryschool.co.uk if you think we are the ideal setting for you and you can add to the school’s creativity and nurturing ethos please apply by requesting an application form from Diane Newnham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory references, medical check and an enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date for applications: 23rd September 2021, 12 noon
Interview date: 30th September 2021
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.