- Fixed term (six months in first instance with a view to becoming permanent)
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Range £19265.00 - £20,290.00
- £12,333.00 - £12,989.00
Learning Support Assistant P/T job summary
THE WAVELL SCHOOL
Specialist Technology College
Lynchford Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6BH
Tel: 01252 341256 / Fax 01252 345613
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ www.wavellschool.org.uk
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Part-time (4 days per week), Term-time only
Salary Grade C range FTE £19,265.00-£20,290.00 p.a (depending on experience)
(actual salary £12,333.00 -£12,989.00 p.a).
• Applications are welcomed from people with experience of working with children and young people with SEND, in the classroom context.
• Candidates will need to have good communication and organisational skills. The vacancy is full-time/part-time with a review after six months, with the expectation of it becoming permanent.
• The person appointed will spend some time providing one-to-one, small group and in-class support for students both with an EHCP and also those without.
• We are particularly interested in applicants who can support development of literacy and numeracy skills, especially where there is experience in supporting students who have Specific Learning difficulties, such as, dyslexia.
The role includes working with students across KS3 and KS4 (aged 11-16) with a range of Special Educational Needs. An interest in supporting learners with Communication and Interaction difficulties will be beneficial as the role will involve working with students on the autistic spectrum who have difficulties in their understanding of social communication and interaction. There are some administrative aspects to this role, therefore candidates should be able to offer good ICT skills. The Wavell School values all colleagues and offers on-going professional development and training.
Applying for the job
Please email completed application form to email@example.com
Please note that applications will be considered as they are received by the School and you are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible as some interviews may take place, and the appointment may be made before the closing date is reached for the post.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.