- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Part time
27.5 hours a week (8:45am – 3:15pm) – Core and Flex Contract
Core weekly hours (permanent): 20
plus an additional 7.5 hours (fixed term) to be reviewed termly
Term time only
- Contract type
- Salary grade B - £17, 842 – 18, 562 pro rata
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and committed individual to become a Learning Support Assistant at Garland Junior School. You will provide support for children with Education Health Care Plans, including pupils with an Autistic Spectrum diagnosis.
We can offer you:
• A new windows laptop.
• Negotiated flexible working hours.
• A warm and friendly team.
• Opportunities for professional development.
• An inclusive, diverse and encouraging community.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with Key Stage 2 pupils.
• Have a range of strategies to support autistic pupils.
• Communicate clearly and calmly.
• Be an excellent team worker.
• Enjoy providing children with memorable and positive experiences.
Garland is a successful and popular school, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will be required to provide satisfactory references.
Applying for the job
If you like the sound of this opportunity, then you are encouraged to come and look around the school. Please ring Gail Richardson to arrange a visit and to receive an application pack. Alternatively, download and complete the attached application form.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.