Inspire and transform learning with us at Harris Primary Academy Beckenham Green . We are currently looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to attend to pupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications to GCSE Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Some knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
Situated in the heart of Beckenham, our academy might be small with only one form in each year, but our ambitions for our pupils are anything but. We are part of the larger Harris Federation, and we enjoy strong, enriching partnerships with other academies within the federation, particularly those around the Bromley borough.
At Harris Primary Academy Beckenham Green, we recognise that the school experience is more than just academics. It's about creating a safe, happy, and respectful environment where everyone is valued, and individuality is celebrated. We are dedicated to fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect and kindness. After all, every child has the right to feel safe, happy and respected, and this is central to our ethos.
We go above and beyond the usual expectations to ensure that our students receive an education that not only imparts knowledge but also enriches lives. We strive to cultivate curiosity, enthusiasm, and a passion for learning. With a focus that extends beyond the classroom and into the wider community, our learners have the opportunity to grow into citizens of Beckenham and the world.
We are driven by a belief that education has the power to be life-changing. To that end, we strive to create an environment that instills a love of learning, encourages students to dream big, and equips them with the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve those dreams.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, and many other benefits.
As Learning Support Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Attending to the pupil's personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters
- Working with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager to support the implementation of person centred planning and targets for SEND pupils
- Liaising with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND pupils is effectively implemented
- Supervising and support SEND pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establishing good relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
As part of making reasonable adjustments for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities, it will sometimes be necessary to direct LSAs to support pupil's intimate care needs in line with the academy Intimate Care Policy and to maintain the pupils health, safety and personal dignity.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.