Inspire and transform learning with us at Harris Primary Academy Orpington . We are currently looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to attend to pupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications to GCSE level or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Some knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
Our aim is to provide our pupils with a well-rounded and enjoyable education that ensures each child succeeds academically, physically and emotionally - preparing them for life in an ever-changing world. We have identified six shared values, which we develop with the children throughout the academic year: Respect, Unity, Cooperation, Aspiration, Responsibility and Integrity.
They are our foundations and we have a clear expectation that all adults as well as children and staff model and respect these values both inside and outside the academy. These foundations have enabled us to build high quality, inspiring education for our children. This is reflected in both the exceptional day to day practice here as well as the improving outcomes our children have achieved in each year.
Our knowledge rich curriculum has been designed to challenge and inspire the children; exposing them to a wide variety of exciting experiences.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, and many other benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our website.
As Learning Support Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Attending to the pupil's personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters
- Working with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager to support the implementation of person centred planning and targets for SEND pupils
- Liaising with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND pupils is effectively implemented
- Supervising and support SEND pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establishing good relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
As part of making reasonable adjustments for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities, it will sometimes be necessary to direct LSAs to support pupil's intimate care needs in line with the academy Intimate Care Policy and to maintain the pupils health, safety and personal dignity.
This job post has expired.