Learning Support Assistant
Joseph Clarke School, London, E4 9PP
This job expired on 25 March 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
As soon as possible
25 March 2022 at 5:00pm
20 January 2022
About Joseph Clarke School
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 99 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Joseph Clarke School website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 020 85234833
Joseph Clarke School caters for pupils with a vision impairment some of whom may have additional learning needs. The school is part of the Whitefield Academy Trust, located in Walthamstow and Highams Park. Working across the Trust, we harness the specialist expertise of all our teams in order to deliver an outstanding school experience which combines high standards of teaching and learning with excellent pastoral care.
About Whitefield Academy Trust
With an ethos based on enjoyment, achievement and wellbeing for all, Whitefield Academy Trust seeks to open up the world for children and young people with SEND. Located in Waltham Forest, the Trust comprises Joseph Clarke School (for children with vision impairment and /or additional needs), Whitefield School (for pupils with complex needs including autism, learning difficulties and sensory and physical impairments), Professional Development Services and the highly successful Project SEARCH East London.
We are expert in serving children and young people with SEND and giving them the tools, skills and confidence to move on to the next stages of their education and lives.
Why join Whitefield Academy Trust?
Just as we seek to give our pupils an outstanding school experience, we want every member of our team to find being part of Whitefield Academy Trust a fulfilling and enjoyable experience. Whatever their role, we are committed to supporting each team member and giving them every opportunity to progress their careers across our schools and services.
We are proud to offer:
• A wide-ranging and high-quality CPD programme which can be tailored around each team member’s unique skills and career aspirations;
• A welcoming and inspiring working environment in which colleagues look out for and support one another;
• Opportunities to share best practice and ideas with colleagues across the Trust;
• Wellbeing support mechanisms including practical and emotional support and a Staff Wellbeing Group;
• A strong mentoring scheme;
• A competitive local government or teachers’ pension scheme, with defined benefits;
• Very generous annual leave allowances;
• Recognition of continuous service with Local Authorities and other academy trusts for various employment entitlements;
• Interest free loans for bicycle purchase;
• Childcare voucher scheme.
But, above all, working at Whitefield Academy Trust is a highly rewarding and satisfying experience. Thanks to the commitment, energy and determination of our staff, all of our children and young people make fantastic progress during their time with us. Watching their progress and working alongside families is immensely satisfying and, as a Trust, we take every opportunity to recognise and celebrate the important role our staff play in transforming the lives of our children and young people.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London